PREP: 10 Minutes
COOK: 15 Minutes
WAIT: 25 Minutes
GLUTEN FREE: Yes
Packed with Fibre, Protein and EFA's, what more can you ask for?
Note: Only Gluten Free if using Gluten Free oats and flour.
KEY: (1 cup = 250ml)
1.5 cups rolled oats
0.5 cups flour (e.g. spelt, wholemeal or oat)
0.5 cups PPB plus 0.25 cup water
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp chia seeds
0.25 cup butter/margarine at room temperature
0.5 cup brown sugar or xylitol
2-4 tbsp granulated sweetener (sweeten to taste)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup raisins or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
2. Mix together the PPB and water in a bowl until creamy.
3. In another bowl, mix together the butter/margarine along with the egg and vanilla.
4. Add the oats, flour, PPB mix, baking powder, salt, chia seeds and sugar/xylitol plus stevia to taste.
5. Mix well before stirring in the raisins or chocolate chips.
6. Spoon 2 tbsp of the mixture on to a baking tray lined with baking paper and gently flatten with the back of a spoon. Repeat for the entire mixture.
7. Bake for 10-15 mins until golden.
8. Allow to cool before eating!